Saturday, April 01, 2006

Suffering is good


A friend got scourged recently. First a bible teacher had his way, and then an elder and finally the biggest and strongest of them all, the pastor, he really let him have it. When he called me after his third beating; his wounds were still bleeding and the pain still fresh in his voice.

If you would have removed his shirt; there were no physical marks, but if you could see his soul, the scars are there. He now carries the spiritual marks for Jesus. In order to be free; he had to suffer.

He’s my new hero.

He is free from those who were trying to force him to follow the old way. Isaiah said, “He was whipped and we were healed.” What about when we are whipped today in his name? Does healing take place; does something good happen?

I believe it does. Paul, after recounting the times he was persecuted, said “Since I know it was all for Christ’s good, I am quite content with my weakness and with insults, hardships, persecution, and calamities. For when I an weak, then I am strong.”

My friend can now brag. He can brag about Jesus because he suffered for Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home