Monday, November 26, 2007

Chasing My Tail


I was talking with a friend of mine who attended the church I used to pastor, and said to her, “I didn’t have any idea what I was doing back then.” I really didn’t. I was like a dog chasing his tail. A lot of activity but not really going anywhere.

Let me say clearly: I am not implying that I have it all figured out at this juncture in my life. However, I can state a major shift from back then (10 years ago) and today.

I no longer try and find favor with God so that He will bless my life.

Back then I was constantly trying to win God’s approval, or to try and get God to notice what I was doing down here in Pekin, IL. I figured, back then, that if He would see what I was doing down here on earth He would be happy and good things would happen to my ministry.

Something change in my thinking. No, something changed in my soul. I now believe by faith this truth: The Blessing, The Holy One, The Righteous One, The Creating One, The Truth, The Good News, The Word of God LIVES INSIDE OF ME.

The one who said, “Let there be light,” lives within my very soul. The one who said, Father forgive them, they don’t know what they do,” has free reign in my heart. The one who said, “Love one another,” has created a “new creature” by taking up residence within me.

When this truth sinks in, you stop trying to find favor with God and you stop trying to Get God to make your life better.

How can I get more blessed when “Christ lives in me?” Why try and get approval or find favor with God, when he is already so close and so intimate and so personal that His abode is my very soul.

I am no longer chasing my tail. I hope I am chasing after knowing the Father, and Son, and Holy Spirit more than anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home