Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I quit!

They always want more.

go to church more
pray more
read more
give more
witness more
memorize more
volunteer more
fellowship more
study more
mentor more

more....more ......more

Here's the deal: I don't want to do it any..... more.

I'm tired and so I quit. I quit doing christianity. No more trying to do more.

I can not follow Jesus and at the same time live up to that wretched list. Oh, the pressure that comes with following the list. I should be doing more, and I ought to be doing more, but honestly I don't WANT TO!

Oh sure, I know, I'm suppose to "keep on keeping on" even when I don't feel like it, and I'm suppose to remain faithful even when life throws me a curve.

Let's be honest for a change; and admit the yoke is to heavy and the burden is to hard. Isn't it????

3 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger LIFEisBEAUTIFUL said...

hey, i'm doing a school of biblical studies and i was looking up the mt. sinai covenant, hence stumbling upon your blog. i just wanted to encourage you to seek God agian. i saw that you wrote "They always want more." which was one of your reasonings. that's the thing, "they" will always want more, the world is an imperfect place, but God doesn't want your works, he wants your friendship. i know how easily you can get cought up in the works, i'm doing a school that seems to never end and drive me to moments of complete despair. i wouldn't have it any other way because that's the time we get to cling God the most. it's literally the LORD'S strength that gets us through life and He's the only one we have to live up to, not "they". not sure where you are in life, but i just want to let you know that God loves you.

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Only Pray that U Do Recieve The Holyghost And With Fire And Let The Lord Led U A Never Give in to The Devil And his Evil Way, Because if You Dont when The Lord Come Back For His Saints U Too Shall Lift Up your eyes ANd Burn In Hell, May God Direct u To The Right Path

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Aireal said...

It seems that any yoke that is not Jesus' yoke is too heavy. is is yoke surrender? let go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home