Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Whole Truth

The gospel message is fully realized when we preach and teach both of these wonderful truths. 1) God sent His son to die and purchase my freedom from sin. 2) God sent the Spirit of His Son into my heart so that I can call out “Abba Father.” Everything He has, I now possess because He has adopted me as His very own son. (taken from Gal. 4:1-7)

This first truth by far has been the major emphasis in my 20+ years of being a Christian. Christ died for me, my sins have been forgiven, and I am going to heaven. Nothing wrong except it’s incomplete.

This incompleteness or void if you will was filled with something else. I was trying to find favor with God based upon what I did or did not do. I went to Bible College, Seminary, became a Pastor, organized Bible reading marathons and prayer walks in Pekin. I started a new church that was going to bring hundreds if not thousands to Christ. I tried to get it right and I thought if I did my spiritual life would workout, not perfectly but at least favorably.

But now I count my past as religious garbage.
I have found freedom in Jesus, and in Him alone.
I am one with Christ.

I have yet to fully realize those 3 statements, but I can say with great assurance being one with Him is more real today than it was 4 years ago. Ten to fifteen years ago, I had no clue what Paul was talking about in Phil. 3, but today I do. And I believe by faith that I am running the same race Paul spoke of in this letter.

God sent His Son to die. This first great truth was preparatory for the second. God sent His Son into our hearts to live and dwell. Our bodies have become a walking temple of the Most High God. Wherever my body goes, so goes God. Whenever I enter a room, the Kingdom of God has emerged. Remember, it is not I who lives, but Christ who lives in me. I am nothing, but Jesus is alive and present because I and Christ are one.

May those who read this be filled with joy.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes and amen to that!!!

Took me twelve years of Bibleschool,Prayerschool, too much
school, not enough Jesus "within me", to get to this point.

The law of "Love" even when its hard, is Jesus in action, working through His people.

The Sons of God follow the Spirit of God, not the letter.

Whom the Son set free, is free indeed. Praise God forever more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home