Saturday, April 15, 2006

Making Progress

Earlier this week I came to a new realization: I’m not a very good earthly son. Here’s why. I call or visit my dad who happens to live 5 minutes from me for two reasons. (1) Because it is a holiday, birthday or anniversary. (2) I need to borrow something or give me some information. That’s it. If I showed just to be with him for the simple reason of just being with him; he would be confused.

I know that I must be confusing my Heavenly Father as well.

I approach my Heavenly Father at the proper times; Sunday morning, before meals, and before bed. I also show up to ask Him for things. I do thank Him and I praise Him by saying nice things about him. But I never show up just to show up and be with Him. Like when Mary was sitting at the feet of Jesus.

It wasn’t a very pleasurable experience when I came to this reality, but I’m glad the Holy Spirit taught me about how I am poorly relating to people and more importantly to my God.

I’m changing, by the Spirit of Truth, I am changing.

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger John Bussone said...

yep that's it....we relate first; then there can be power in the petition when we do ask, but in the relating we discover God's passion, then we ask.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home